STUDY MBBS MD IN FOREIGN
Opening Up A World Of Education
Academic Year 2020-21 Admission Open
- The pattern of education in the Philippines is largely based off of the U.S. The same is the case for medical as well. MD (U.S Pattern, short for Doctor of Medicine) pattern is followed in the Philippines and is equivalent to MBBS (United Kingdom Pattern, short for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery). In India we associate the term M.D to denote a post graduate degree but in most countries in the world the M.D is used to denote the bachelor’s degree.
- The Philippines is one of the few countries which up until recently did not have a 10+2 style of syllabus. Instead students were required to complete any Bachelor of Sciences degree after completion of their 10th, and after which the students could join the 4 year MD Course.
- Taking into consideration that the students from other countries have already completed 2 years of education after their 10th, the students are only required to complete a shortened B.Sc program which has a duration of 1.5 years after which they can join the M.D program which has a duration of 4 years. Effectively meaning the duration of the course will be for 5.5 years. After the completion of the course the students need to return back to India for a Screening examination (currently called FMGE, but will be soon called the N.E.X.T) which is mandatory for all students weather they study in India or abroad. After completion of the exam the students need to join into any hospital in India for completion of their Internship.
- The degree offered by DMSF is recognized by WHO, FAIMER and ECFMG. It is also PAASCU accredited and has tie-ups with several reputed Universities across the globe. It is also recognized by the MCI and is listed in Part II Schedule III if the Indian Medical Council Act.
- The M.D syllabus varies slightly from the MBBS pattern since it relies more on practical exposure for the students during their final years of studies. This integrated with the fact that the Philippines offers extensive opportunities for hands-on training in the final years of studies, and DMSF has one of the largest bed strengths clinical exposure in the country because of being one of only 2 medical colleges in Davao, creates a truly unique study environment for the students which is truly unmatched.
Subjects list for MD
- Gross Anatomy
- Art & Sciences of Med1
- Primary Health Care
- Research 1
- General Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Art & Sciences of Med2
- Neuroscience 2
- Surgery 2
- Microbiology & Parasitology
- Research 2
- Pediatrics 2
- Clinical Skills Modules (4 weeks)
- Medicine (8 weeks)
- Surgery (8 weeks)
- Ob-Gynecology (8weeks)
- Pediatrics (8 weeks)
- Comm Med (8 weeks)
- E + ENT (2 weeks)
- Psychiatry ( 4 weeks)
- 3OB-Gyne 3
- Surgery 3
- Internal Medicine 3
- Community Medicine 3
- E + ENT
- NS 3
- Legal Medicine
- Medical Ethics
- Rehab Medicine
Course Details MD Program
|1 st Year MD SUBJECTS||FIRST SEMESTER
|Art Science of Med 1||36||-||-||-||36||2.9%|
|Primary Health Care||36||-||-||-||36||2.9%|
|2nd Year MD SUBJECTS||FIRST SEMESTER
|Art & Science of Med 2||72||-||-||72||144||11.6%|
|Microbio & Parasitology||90||72||72||36||270||21.7%|
|3rd Year MD SUBJECTS||FIRST SEMESTER
|Internal Medicine 3||108||72||8||276||18.1%|
|Community Medicine 3||72||-||6||144||9.5%|
|E + ENT||54||54||-||108||7.1%|
|4th YEAR CLINICAL SUBJECTS||DURATION|
|Clinical Skills Modules||4 Weeks|
|Community Medicine||8 Weeks|
|E + ENT||2 Weeks|
- General Instructions to Candidates
Before applying to the University, each candidate is expected to read and study the University Prospectus and the application form carefully and submit to the university admission office in all respect with eligible entries.
- Interview and Counseling:
Selected candidates will be called for an interview and counseling. Admissions are based on merit and performance in interview.
1) The application form must be complete and all entries legible.
2) Original documents will have to be produced at the time of interview and counseling and attested photocopies of documents mentioned below should be attached with the application form.
b) 10th-11th-12th marksheet
c) 10th – 12th Passing Certificate
d) Transfer Certificate / Leaving Certificate
e) Migration Certificate
f) Birth Certificate
g) Community Certificate
h) 10 Nos. Recent Photograph (80% face visibility, White Background, Matt finish)
3) Candidates who are short-listed will be duly intimated for further admission process at University.
4) Please check the fees payable for the course before applying to the University. Fees are payable in advance before commencement of course. All tuition fees are reviewed annually. Fees once paid will